Please review your specifications with us before ordering new computer equipment.
Please call for configuration information before
replacing computers that run Standard Solutions software.
Compatible Software Information:
- Microsoft Windows (32 or 64-bit): 7; 8/8.1; 10 (XP/Vista no
- Internet Explorer: version 11
- Microsoft Word: versions 2003-2016, 32-bit versions only**
- Intuit Quicken: versions 2004-2017
- Intuit QuickBooks: most modern versions (please contact us)
*Windows "Home" editions may have problems
on business networks and are not recommended. XP is no longer
supported and is a security risk incompatible with ALTA Best Practices.
**MS Word 32-bit version is the correct choice (even on 64-bit Windows) and is required
for compatibility with third-party add-ins. See this
Microsoft TechNet article.
Computer Equipment Specifications:
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent
AMD chip (Pentium, Celeron and AMD equivalent processors
do not provide acceptable performance)
- Memory (RAM): Minimum 4 GB recommended
for Windows 7 and higher
- Hard Drive Space: Minimum 1 GB for program; 5 GB free space recommended for system
- Monitor: Minimum 1024x768 screen resolution
- Printer: Letter and legal paper sources required for auto-selection
- Networking: Windows server/workstation or peer-to-peer. Server
2003 and higher are supported
Most Windows-compatible laser printers are compatible
with our Microsoft Word documents. We strongly
recommend purchasing a printer with dual
(letter/legal) automatic feed capabilities.
Some lower-priced printers have more than one
paper source, but no way to set them
to automatically pull from the correct source.
In general, look for a setup menu on the printer that can set
letter and legal size paper sources. Please
with us if you need more information.
Windows, Word, Quicken and QuickBooks
are trademarks of their respective owners.
Prices and policies are subject to change without notice.